Here are the 10 things you need to know before becoming a stay-at-home mom:
- There are times you will find yourself wishing that you stayed with your day job. This is normal because adjusting is something you might find hard to do especially if you have already been working for quite some time. Know that this thought will swing from time to time, so it is best to know how to handle it if ever you choose to stay at home, full time.
- You will have more time for yourself. You will find yourself engaging in exercises, especially when the baby is sleeping or when your kid is in school. You’ll start paying attention to your fitness, which is a good thing.
- You will have other out of the house activities. You can be engaging in groups about almost anything, books, movies, and even church. You can go out with other moms too.
- Scheduling—you will start to enjoy to schedule home-related and kid-related matters. You can write down a to-do list which will help you become productive for the day.
- Money—when you finally decide to quit your job, you’ll be thinking about the expenses, who can help your husband with the finances, and how you can help your husband with the expenses. You have to consider this, and you put this in your priorities because money plays a vital role.
- When you become a stay-at-home mom, you’ll have more time for your friends A.K.A. people you haven’t really caught up with since you have been busy with work and home.
- You usually can’t join the family for some out of town trips, or even visit grandma’s because you have work. When you decide to be a stay-at-home mom, you will be able to spend time with your kids, as well as your own parents.
- School activities—you’ll be able to attend your kids’ school activities more often. You’ll be able to enjoy those proud mom moments. This will be fulfilling, and it will make you feel proud of yourself and of your children.
- Monotony—there will be times that you feel that life is monotonous. You’ll ask yourself why you feel that way, it’s not like you don’t enjoy being a mom. Take note that you have to put up with an almost monotonous everyday life. Stay strong, moms everywhere!
- Consider the benefits of retirement you will receive if you stay longer in the company and retire at a later age. This may confuse you because early retirement means spending more time with family and that is always fulfilling.
Before you decide on becoming a full-time mom, make sure you ask yourself some of these things. Contemplate and know what you think will be right, not only for you, but also for your family.